Social Bookmarking is a great way to promote other blogger’s posts (not just your own!) In Social Bookmarking websites, users create and store bookmarks of their choice. These bookmarks can be viewed by others and that let them know about new services and latest concepts which are making news in the online world.
14 great social bookmarking sites that I use
- Digg: Digg is a place to discover and share content from around the Web, from the smallest blog to major news outlets. Everything is submitted and voted on by people like you.
- StumbleUpon: StumbleUpon helps you discover and share great websites.
- Diigo : If you browse or read a lot on the web, we believe you will find Diigo indispensable. Diigo is two services in one — it is a research and collaborative research tool on the one hand, and a knowledge-sharing community and social content site on the other.
- del.icio.us: Delicious is a Social Bookmarking service, which means you can save all your bookmarks online, share them with other people, and see what other people are bookmarking.
- Blinklist:BlinkList is a powerful productivity tool that makes is much easier for anyone to share and save their links for later.
- Spurl: Spurl.net is a free on-line bookmarking service and search engine. It allows you to store and quickly access again all the interesting pages you find on the web from any Internet connected computer.
- BibSonomy: BibSonomy is a system for sharing bookmarks and lists of literature.
- Multiply: Multiply combines the fun of social networking with the usefulness of photo printing and photo-management software, making it the ideal home for your most cherished memories.
- Yahoo! Bookmarks: The MOST POPULAR social search and bookmarking service on the web.
- Mister Wong : Mister Wong is a leading social bookmarking service with portals in 6 languages and over 7 million monthly users globally.
- Linkagogo : The free Online Favorites manager and Social Bookmarking application.
- Mixx : Mixx is your link to the web content that really matters.
- Reddit : Timely and shocking news oriented, Reddit stories are instantly voted upon and if liked by the community as a whole, can drive incredible traffic and users.
- Simpy: Simpy is a social bookmarking service. With Simpy, you can save, tag and search your own bookmarks and notes or browse and search other users’ links and tags.
For a list of more social bookmarking sites go here.
9 other sites that I use to promote blogs:
- Identi.ca: Identi.ca is a micro-blogging service based on the Free Software StatusNet tool.
- Bebo: Bebo is a popular social networking site which connects you to everyone and everything you care about.
- Tumblr: Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be.
- FriendFeed: FriendFeed enables you to discover and discuss the interesting stuff your friends find on the web.
- Plurk: Plurk is a social journal for your life
- Friendster: Friendster helps you stay connected with everything that matters to you: friends, family and fun! It’s free to join, so go on, see what all the fuss is about!
- BrightKite: Brightkite is a simple way to keep up with friends and places.
- Facebook: Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life.
- Twitter: Twitter is a rich source of instant information. Stay updated. Keep others updated. It’s a whole thing.
Utilizing all these sites may look overwhelming but it’s not. There are several good tools that I use to help me:
- Ping.fm: Ping.fm is a simple and FREE service that makes updating your social networks a snap!
- Onlywire: OnlyWire syndicates your content and articles to the web’s top social networking sites with a single button click.
- Most of these sites also have toolbar options. This makes bookmarking/promoting very simple!
What social bookmarking sites do you use? How do you utilize them?