Last week was Kid’s Camp at our church. We had an awesome time. We had over 60 kids who participated! We were blessed to have a group from another church come and help us lead it. We couldn’t have done it without them!
The theme of the camp was: everyone can be a hero! The kids learned that they didn’t have to be someone special or have special abilities to be a hero. They learned that even kids can be heroes.
To make this point, we looked at different stories from the Bible of unnamed heroes (many of whom were kids) and what characteristics they demonstrated.
Our theme verse was 1 Timothy 4:12,
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example in all you do.
5 characteristics of a hero
1. Heroes do the unexpected – young servant girl (2 Kings 5:1-14).
2. Heroes take action - shepherds (Luke 2:1-20).
3. Heroes step out on faith – an army officer (Matthew 8:5-10, 13).
4. Heroes save the day – young boy (John 6:1-13).
5. Heroes stand for truth – young man (Acts 23:12-24).
These are 5 characteristics that everyone can exhibit. It doesn’t matter how old you are. It doesn’t matter what place you have in society. It doesn’t matter what abilities you have or don’t have.
Everyone can be a hero!
How can you be a “hero” today?