As I have mentioned in previous posts, my one word (theme) for 2011 is “anticipation.” I want to live 2011 with confident hope – with an attitude of positive expectation and optimism. I don’t want to just settle for the status quo.
I want to live anticipating God’s powerful work in me.
I want to live anticipating God’s powerful work around me.
I want to live anticipating God’s powerful work in others.
To help keep me focused on this theme, I am praying for 5 things this year (these are based on Colossians 1:3-14).
Here are 5 things I am praying for in 2011:
1. I am praying that I will live a life worthy of the Lord.
I want to please God in everything that I do. I want to bring glory and honour to Him. I want to finish strong.
2. I am praying that I will bear fruit in all that I do.
I want to have the fruit of the Spirit growing in my life. I want everything that I do to have an eternal impact.
3. I am praying that I will continue to grow in my relationship with God.
I want to grow deeper in my understanding of God’s love for me and deeper in my understanding of His ways. I want to become more and more like Christ. I want to surrender all aspects of my life to Him. I want to be stretched in my faith as I step “out of the boat” with God.
4. I am praying that I will be strengthened with God’s strength so that I can patiently endure.
I don’t want to rely on my strength or other people’s strength. I can only patiently endure as I rely on God’s strength.
5. I am praying that I will joyfully give thanks in everything.
I am so blessed. I want to spend more time giving thanks for those blessings and celebrating those blessings.