Over the lunch hour today we went to Sydney’s Grade Two class for a “party.” The class has been discussing courage and writing about it. The kids read what they wrote. It was priceless. Here were some of the responses:
- Courage is making new friends.
- Courage is swimming in the deep end.
- Courage is going to a new school.
- Courage is sleeping without a night light.
- Courage is talking in a microphone.
- Courage is letting go of a pet.
- Courage is following your dreams and listening to your heart (I am not making this up. A kid actually said this!)
- Courage is trying something that you don’t think you can do (this was Sydney’s).