2008 was a great year and I am looking forward to what 2009 is going to bring. Here are a few of my goals and plans for 2009:
- Get my health under control again. What this means for me is losing weight and getting active again. This past Fall I stopped running and walking. When I get back from our trip I am going to start the Couch to 5k program again. Anyone want to join me in losing weight and running?
- Continue to work on having an emotionally healthy spirituality. The areas that I want to focus on are the daily office and working on the life skills that I blogged about in December.
- Be home MORE nights than I am out. This is an area that I let slip this Fall and I am determined to change this.
- Continue to be involved in our community. I am really enjoying my work with the Chamber of Commerce and I am going to continue to be involved. My role there is to help facilitate and be involved in planning community wide events.
- Continue to blog. I want to keep journalling what God is teaching me. This is such a big help for me and I love the connections that I have made here.
- I am planning on attending the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality conference in April. I have a few details (accommodations) that I need to work out but I am confident that everything is going to work out.
- Continue to have a date night once a week with my wonderful and incredible wife Lauren!
- Connect more with my neighbours. I have very surface relationships with my neighbours and I want to spend more time cultivating relationships with them.
- Continue to step out of my comfort zone in ministry. I am not content to continue on with the status quo. I want to continue to be stretched.
- I would like to continue to explore the world of photography. I began dabbling in this during the summer but I haven’t done much since.
What are some of your plans and goals for 2009?