I love inspirational stories! Recently I came across Massoud Adibpour’s story “Honk if you love someone”. Massoud is a young man on a quest to make the people in his city (Washington DC) smile.
Like in many big cities, people in DC are busy, focused, and usually on their way to something or someone. But Massoud is determined to brighten their days.
So every Monday morning Massoud picks a spot on a busy street and holds up signs like:
- “Honk if you love someone”
- “Today is awesome”
Some people ignore him, some people honk or wave, but to some people he’s actually making a difference.
Honk if you love someone
Watch the short video below to see how a simple act of kindness can change people’s lives.
We all can brighten someone’s day!
Standing on a busy street corner with an encouraging sign is not the only way to brighten someone’s day. Here a few more ways you can brighten someone’s day today:
- Smile at everyone you see.
- Compliment someone (and mean it).
- Greet everyone you see.
- Help someone pack their groceries into their vehicle.
- Let someone go ahead of you at the grocery store.
- Bake cookies for your neighbour.
- Pay for someone’s coffee.
- Say “Thank-You” to those who serve you.
- Send a hand-written note for no reason to your spouse, children, mom, or best friend.
- When someone is talking to you listen to them.
What can you do today to brighten someone’s day?