At the beginning of a new year I like to take time to look back at the previous year. Doing this helps me to remember the lessons that I have learned. It helps me to savour the great memories that were made. It helps me to be thankful for all the blessings that God has bestowed upon me.
Looking back at 2011
- In January I decided to live the year with anticipation and confident hope. This focus really helped me look at the year with a totally different perspective.
- At the end of January I made the switch from Blogger to WordPress. This was such a great change for my blog.
- In February I enjoyed a great visit from my sister and her family. This hilarious video was a result of that visit.
- At the end of February and the beginning of March Lauren and I were able to attend Catalyst West in Irvine, California. This was an awesome conference.
- At the end of April Lauren and I were able to get away to our Region’s yearly convention. At the convention God really challenged me about dreaming big with Him and the importance of interdependence.
- We enjoyed a fabulous long weekend in May. We were able to get away as a family for a few days and it was awesome!
- June was a very tough month as a friend of mine tragically died in a boating accident. This was a time of finding my strength in God.
- In July we hosted a fantastic kid’s camp at our church. I even learned a few things.
- The highlight of August was our family vacation to Victoria. This was one of our best family trips ever!
- In October Lauren and I were able to have another quick getaway to attend a special meeting of our Region of churches. Even though it was a short trip it was still great to unplug for a few days.
- The highlight of November was our oldest daughter’s 13th birthday! I still can’t believe I have a teenager in the house now.
- We ended the year with a wonderful Christmas with my family. One of my highlight’s of Christmas was this funny video of my youngest daughter taking a video of our dogs with her new camera.
I am so thankful for all that God taught me and the experiences that I was able to enjoy in 2011! I am thankful for God’s provision and the strength He gave me to make it through this past year.
What were some of your highlights from 2011?