At the beginning of a new year I like to take time to look back at the previous year. Doing this helps me to remember the lessons that I have learned. It helps me to savour the great memories that were made. It helps me to be thankful for all the blessings that God has bestowed upon me.
Looking back at 2012
- In January I decided to live the year focusing on two aspects of surrender (passive surrender and active surrender).
- Also, in January I decided to make this life-changing resolution.
- A big highlight in February was interviewing Kim and Krickitt Carpenter. They are the couple whose story inspired the movie “The Vow.”
- In March I came down with the worst case of the flu that I can ever remember having. That was not fun.
- During Spring Break in March we enjoyed a visit with my parents in Victoria, BC. We always love going to Victoria!
- Also in March, I had the privilege of interviewing author Frank Peretti about his new book “Illusion.“
- A huge highlight in April was visiting with my sister and her family in Ottawa.
- In May, Lauren and I attended the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Conference in New York once again. This was my fourth time attending and I was just as blessed as the first time I went!
- On June 1st we celebrated 10 years of being in Port Hardy. We are so blessed to live here.
- We spent the first two weeks of July in the Yukon visiting Lauren’s family. We had a wonderful time. A highlight of that trip for me was a trip into the mountains.
- In August I celebrated 5 years of blogging.
- Also in August, I enjoyed watching the Summer Olympics. This story about Leonardo Chacón Corrales was a source of inspiration for me.
- I needed to be reminded to SLOW DOWN in September.
- A highlight from October was watching my two youngest daughter’s participate in their school district’s Cross Country meet.
- In November and December we enjoyed visits from family. In November Lauren’s mom came for a visit and then at the end of December my parents and my oldest brother and two of his boys came for a visit. It is always a blessing to be able to spend time with family (even though it can be stressful at times ).
- Another big highlight from December was winning an X-Box 360! We have had so much fun playing it the last number of weeks.
- A large portion of my time and attention in 2012 was focused on our church’s building project. This has been a massive undertaking as we are doing all the work with volunteers. It has also been a great blessing as we have enjoyed working together and working with other churches. We still have a long way to go but we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I am so thankful for all that God taught me and the experiences that I was able to enjoy in 2012! I am thankful for God’s provision and the strength He gave me to make it through this past year.
What were some of your highlights from 2012?