Do you ever have those days when you just have nothing to write? You try to write but nothing comes to mind and you end up just staring at the screen blankly for what feels like hours?
I hate this feeling but it is inevitable for anyone who writes on a regular basis.
It is good to have a strategy before you find yourself in this situation.
Ten ways to overcome writer’s block:
1. Read a book or other blogs – This always helps me when I am struggling for new ideas.
2. Listen to music – Music is a great inspiration for me.
3. Go for a walk – It helps to get the blood moving and you never know what you are going to see.
4. Take a break – Don’t force yourself to write.
5. Change your surroundings – Try moving to a different location.
6. Have a cup of coffee - Caffeine helps stimulate your brain.
7. Play with your kids – You can learn a lot from them.
8. Take a nap – Rest will help refresh you.
9. Spend time brainstorming – Instead of writing think of ideas for future posts.
10. Write a post about overcoming writer’s block.
How do you overcome writer’s block?