We all have different traditions at Christmas. We have a certain way of decorating the tree (or when we decorate it). We have certain foods that we eat at our Christmas meal. We choose a certain day for when we eat our Christmas meal (whether it be Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or another day). We either open our presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. The list could go on and on.
I don’t consider myself a very traditional person but I realize that I do have some Christmas traditions. I thought it would be fun to do another getting to know my reader’s post about our Christmas traditions. So please humour me by answering the following questions:
1. When do you eat your Christmas meal?
2. When do you open your presents?
3. What do you eat at your Christmas meal?
4. When does your church do it’s Christmas service? Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?
5. When you put up your Christmas tree?
Here are my responses:
1. Growing up we ate our Christmas meal on Christmas day but now our family eats it on Christmas Eve.
2. We open our presents on Christmas morning.
3. Growing up we always ate turkey with all the fixings for our Christmas meal but now our family eats salt & pepper ribs, cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes and sometimes lefse. (This is a traditional Scandinavian meal. This is what my wife grew up eating for her Christmas meal.)
4. Growing up we had our Christmas service on Christmas day. Now we do our service on Christmas Eve.
5. We don’t really have a set time that we put our tree up. It’s usually up a few weeks before Christmas.
Now it’s your turn!
I look forward to reading your responses!